Work involves performing a broad variety of financial services:
- Effectively combine product knowledge and member information to provide appropriate products or services that help members manage their financial lives
- Assist members with opening and maintaining all consumer and business deposit products and services.
- Resolve issues for members and staff on all deposit product lines including business accounts, trusts and IRAs.
- Obtain and review applications for all types of consumer loans which will include home equity loans.
- Explain Credit Union policies and procedures, obtain additional information/documentation if needed and prepare applications for processing and decision making.
- Provide all necessary supporting documents for member files. Close loans, delivers products and review terms and conditions with the member.
- Make timely follow-up contacts as appropriate to fully enhance member relationships and exceed service expectations.
- One month to twelve months of similar or related experience
- Two-year college degree or equivalent knowledge attained through related on the job experience
- Strong communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Strong relationship building skills
Azura Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Azura participates in E-Verify and, upon being hired, will provide the federal government with your form-I9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the USA. If you are interested in the position, please complete our employment application along with cover letter outlining your interest and qualifications.