As Azura continues to grow, developing new and improved processes is an area of focus. Azura seeks an Internal Auditor to help ensure performance excellence, compliance and consistency of processes across the organization. The auditor will perform both financial and operational audits in various departments within Azura, through interviewing and observing staff, sampling, reviewing, verifying and confirming procedures and policies against practices and examining records to confirm compliance with federal regulations to ensure against fraud, deficiencies in internal controls and satisfactory performance of duties by staff. Work will also involve preparation of reports and making recommendations for corrective action when necessary.
- Performs audits of assigned areas.
- Gathers information through various channels to determine compliance with established procedures, examination of internal records, documents and portfolio and statistical sampling.
- Is instrumental in the creation and development of Azura’s audit plan, prepares, and provides accurate and timely audit reports.
- Establishes and maintains effective communication and coordination with company personnel and members of Management providing assistance and support while keeping all appropriate parties informed of activities and any significant issues or concerns.
- Establishes and cultivates professional business relationships with external business contacts and other audit professionals.
- Five to eight years of similar or related experience.
- College degree or equivalent (Accounting or related field preferred).
- Tough minded, persistent yet tactful
- PC Proficiency
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Thoroughness and good follow through skills.
- Time management skills, working well within timelines and deadlines.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Works well independently with minimal supervision.
- Well organized.
Qualified candidates should complete an Azura application including testing, and provide a resume and letter of interest.
Azura Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Azura participates in E-Verify and, upon being hired, will provide the federal government with your form-I9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the USA. If you are interested in the position, please complete our employment application along with cover letter outlining your interest and qualifications. Resumes welcomed.