Human Resources Associate
The Human Resources Associate performs a broad variety of tasks in support of the Human Resources Department and the Credit Union in all facets of human resources work including payroll, benefits administration, recruiting, onboarding, policy administration and interpretation, reporting, assisting employees with personnel matters and promoting and fostering positive employee/employer relations.
- Prepares and runs company payroll, maintains payroll records and assists staff members with payroll and timekeeping related issues.
- Fields daily requests from staff members at all levels of the organization for assistance or to provide information and either resolves the issue or consults with others in the department when necessary, to affect prompt and appropriate resolution.
- Assists with the daily administration of benefits programs including enrolling, terminating and modifying employee benefit coverage.
- Maintains files, forms and database information associated with personnel, payroll, benefits, general information and recruiting.
- Maintains various reports which reflect headcount, staffing and turnover rate.
- Routinely audits company-owned personnel files and employment law postings for accuracy and order, in adherence to established guidelines and applicable federal and state laws.
- Performs HR portion of the new-hire orientation and completes all paperwork, as needed.
- Interviews and assists in the selection of qualified candidates to fill vacant positions. Conducts employment verifications, reference checks and obtains background checks and drug screen results as part of new-hire processing.
- Conducts exit interviews with terminating employees as needed. Prepares and processes exit information, notifies appropriate parties of the termination and provides appropriate benefit information to employee.
- Follows through on all resumes and applications of bona fide job candidates to ensure proper correspondence is sent. Maintains applicant log.
- Handles employment verifications both written and verbal.
- One to three years of similar or related experience.
- High School diploma or Ged, two-year college degree preferred.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Active Listening skills.
- Good follow through ability.
- Professionalism and tact.
- Confidentiality is a key element of the job.
- PC/Technology proficiency.
- Presentation and public speaking skills.
Azura Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Azura participates in E-Verify and, upon hire, will provide the federal government with your form-I9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the USA. If you are interested in the position, please complete our employment application along with cover letter outlining your interest and qualifications.