Business Continuity Coordinator
As Azura continues to grow, so do our departments and we are excited to add a Business Continuity Coordinator to the team! This position is responsible for developing, maintaining, and testing the credit union’s Business Continuity Management (BCM) program and Business Continuity Plan (BCP). The Business Continuity Coordinator will manage and support all BCM efforts to position the Credit Union to manage crisis events and to maintain ongoing assurance in the Credit Union’s abilities to prepare for such events, successfully. The Business Continuity Coordinator will be the main point of contact for our Virtual Information Security Officer. Will be responsible for ensuring the third party Virtual Information Security Officer is supported. That would include selecting, deploying, and validating IT controls to ensure compliance requirements are maintained.
- Responsible for ongoing development, maintenance, distribution, evaluation, enhancement and testing the Business Continuity Plan.
- Monitors business and operational changes to ensure the BCP remains current and valid.
- Assists Management, Business Continuity and Recovery Teams during a business-interrupting event and with implementation of the Business Continuity Plan when appropriate.
- Responsible for providing training to staff.
- Coordinates, documents, and ensures completion of Business Continuity Plan testing efforts and assists in implementing recovery effort enhancements as identified from testing and real-life business-interrupting scenarios.
- Conducts and documents ongoing functional and departmental Business Impact Analysis (BIA) meetings, related Risk Assessments, and functional and departmental Business Continuity Plans.
- Collaborates with key infrastructure teams to identify and resolve for recovery expectation gaps, clarify and document recovery time objectives and maximum tolerable downtimes.
- Works with VISO to ensure completion of IT control and activity reviews
- In conjunction with the VISO and Chief Information Officer, supports the incident management lifecycle process including detection and analysis, containment, eradication and recovery, and post-incident activity.
- Develops, assesses, and maintains emergency response procedures.
- Will travel to other branches as needed.
- Three to five years of related experience in a financial institution.
- Previous management and risk or business continuity experience preferred.
- Two-year college degree, completion of specialized certification or license or completion of specialized training by an industry expert required.
- Works well in situations of conflict and differences of opinion along with soliciting cooperation.
- High level of confidentiality and professionalism
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Works well independently and as a team
- Ability to develop and manage new processes
- Strong attention to detail with effective organizational skills
- Working knowledge of vulnerability assessment and penetration testing tools with in-depth knowledge of network components such as bridges, routers, concentrators, cabling systems and Ethernet in switched environments is preferred
- PC/Technology proficiency
Azura Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, (including pregnancy, sexual orientation or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, genetic information or protected veteran status. Azura participates in E-Verify and, upon being hired, will provide the federal government with your form-I9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the USA. If you are interested in the position, please complete our employment application along with cover letter outlining your interest and qualifications. Resumes welcomed. Voted again, Best Employer in Topeka in our category!