The Collections Associate I helps preserve the Credit Union’s assets by controlling delinquent loan accounts, collecting delinquent loan payments and/or recovering collateral. In addition to their regular duties and responsibilities, the Collections Associate I will help ensure department services are delivered professionally and efficiently.
- Contacts delinquent accounts by phone, e-mail, mail or any other means available. Takes appropriate action to bring accounts current.
- Analyzes financial situation of delinquent borrowers.
- Maintains accurate files and reports on collection activity.
- Completes collection functions in accordance with established policies and procedures and applicable legal requirements. Ensures confidentiality is maintained.
- Informs management of trends in loan underwriting contributing to delinquent/charged-off loans.
- Willingly performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
- One to three years of similar or related experience
- Two-year college degree or equivalent knowledge attained through on the job experience or a specialized course of study preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Skills: High attention to detail with minimal errors.
- Effective negotiation and skip tracing skills.
- Strong ability to motivate and influence others.
- A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and/or is usually of a personal and sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating or influencing others.
- Professional appearance, dress and attitude.
Azura Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Azura participates in E-Verify and, upon being hired, will provide the federal government with your form-I9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the USA. If you are interested in the position please complete our employment application along with cover letter outlining your interest and qualifications.